Are you shopping for new windows?
At WinChoice USA, the premier Top Rated National® window manufacturer and window installer in the Southeastern United States, we understand just how stressful that shopping for new windows can be. After all, if you need one window replaced, you are most likely considering having all of them replaced — and that can get expensive.
Like any expensive home renovation, there are many things that you need to consider when shopping for new windows. What style do you want? What features do you need? Do you want them to open sideways, downwards, upside-down, or outward? Do you have a specific color frame in mind? Do you need heavily insulated windows? All of these questions and more need to be answered before you settle on a decision.
While you are shopping for new windows there are countless things to consider — but at WinChoice USA, we make shopping for windows easier and more enjoyable. Join us in today’s blog as we discuss a few things that you should consider when shopping for new windows, as well as how our team can help you do so.
Why Are You Looking for New Windows?
Before you even begin shopping for new windows, you have to consider why you need new windows. While most people who we work with are looking for replacement windows for existing locations in their home, others are simply looking for windows that they can use in a new building or an addition to their home. If you are looking to have new windows installed as replacement windows in your home, we urge you to contact us today. If you are looking for new windows for your new build, however, you should have your contractor get in touch with our team.
Some of the reasons that you might be looking for replacement windows are:
- To replace outdated windows
- Because you are replacing inefficient windows
- You want increased airflow in your home
- To increase the aesthetic value of your home
If the design is your primary concern, you might want to consider:
- How the new windows could enhance the lighting in your home
- If the windows could help you take advantage of nice views
- How the windows could better match your home’s style
- If the windows could help increase your in-home privacy
How Do You Want the Windows Replaced?
Once you have considered how the new windows could benefit your home, it is important that you consider what method of window replacement is the best for your home’s aesthetics and your budget. When you are replacing windows, there are a couple of ways that you can do so. You can either “retrofit” or completely install new windows in the following ways:
- Sash Installation – Sash installations are commonly used when parts of the window are no longer functioning but the framework of the window is still in operational condition. Essentially, a sash installation is the removal and replacements of all of the moving parts while leaving the functional window frame intact. For example, on a double sliding window, the two sliding panes are the only parts that are replaced.
- Insert Installation – An insert installation is when you take a completely new window and install it within the functional frame of the existing window. While this is a great way to install a new window with minimal work, an insert must be small enough to fit inside of the old window frame — meaning that the surface of the glass will be smaller than it was for the previous window.
- Full Frame – At WinChoice USA, we always recommend that you choose to install full-frame windows. Why? Because our concerns are efficiency, quality, and longevity. By installing a full-frame, you will get a newer, more efficient window, a higher-quality seal, and a higher likelihood that the window will last its an entire anticipated lifetime.
Once you have decided why you need new windows, what aesthetic values that you desire, and what type of installation method is best fitting to your needs, it is time to contact us at WinChoice USA and choose your new windows.
Let’s Get Started Today!
If you are ready to start looking at new windows, we urge you to come to visit us at WinChoice USA. As a manufacturer, seller, and installer of new windows, we will work with you every step of the way. Check out our inventory of windows today!
Do you have any questions about the window shopping process? If so, we urge you to contact us today to speak with a member of our team.