If you are a homeowner, you have likely heard that energy-efficient windows can make a huge impact on your energy bill. As a certified installer of energy-efficient windows here at WinChoice USA, we are here to confirm that energy-efficient windows can have a huge impact on your energy bill and how comfortable you are in your home.
Between the 1970s and 2010, there was a huge push towards the use and implementation of energy efficient windows in new construction. That said, this left most of the homes built prior to 1970 with less efficient windows.
At WinChoice USA, we believe that if you own an older home that you should seriously consider having energy-efficient windows installed — because even if you are happy with your current energy bills, it might just be because you don’t know what you are missing out on.
In today’s blog post, we will be discussing why you should consider upgrading or replacing the current windows in your home with newer, more efficient windows.
The Case for Energy-Efficient Windows
As a homeowner, it makes sense that you are reluctant to spend money on home renovations — after all, once you get started, where does it end? That said, if there is one renovation that you should seriously consider (aside from general maintenance), it is the installation of energy-efficient windows or the updating of your current windows.
In the Southeastern United States, where WinChoice USA is the premier Top Rated National® window installation company, we live in a rather temperate climate — meaning that it can be easy to overlook your need for more efficient windows. While snow might not fall as often as northern and western states, homes in the Southeastern United States can still lose anywhere from 25-30% of the heating and cooling in any given home via inefficient windows.
If you want to increase the retention of your home’s heating and cooling, we strongly suggest that you get in touch with us to schedule a window upgrade or window installation consultation. Below, we will explore the benefits of each option.
Updating Existing Windows
Not only is our team here at WinChoice USA qualified to install new energy-efficient windows, but we are also a Top Rated National® window repair provider, here in the southeastern region. If your current windows are in good condition, taking steps toward increasing their efficiency might be the most worthwhile solution for your home.
In fact, the following are all high-quality ways that our team can increase the efficiency of your existing windows:
- Check the Existing Windows for Air Leaks – Over time, windows can shift — developing small cracks and openings that are hardly visible to the eye that allows air to pass through. When our team is performing a window consultation for your home, they will look for such problem areas and likely suggest that you have them repaired.
- Caulk & Weatherstrip the Existing Windows – If our team identifies air leaks in your windows, the next step is to caulk or weatherstrip the window so that the air can no longer pass through. The solution that our team chooses to use will be affected by the severity of the air leak.
Things that you can do to increase the efficiency of your windows includes:
- Adding Window Treatments – If you want to increase the efficiency of your windows without getting our team of professional window repair specialists involved, you can always utilize window treatments like heavy curtains during winter months to minimize the effect of the air leaks or to help your inefficient windows retain heat.
- Install Storm Windows – Storm windows are also a valuable tool that you can use to increase the efficiency of your existing windows — and they act in the same way as a window treatment might. Storm windows can be temporary or permanent, but if you choose to have permanent storm windows installed, we urge you to let our team of window repair specialists help to prevent long-term damages.
While we do advocate for increasing the efficiency of your windows in whatever way possible, there really is no better way to do so than to have energy-efficient windows installed.
Upgrading to Newer, More Efficient Windows
At Winchoice USA, we always recommend that you upgrade your existing windows to a newer, more efficient option. Why? Well, to put it simply, while it might seem like a large investment, it is also an investment that will last longer. If you simply decide to upgrade your existing windows, you are solving the problem, but you are not necessarily extending their lifetime.
When you have decided to update your windows, there are still a few considerations that you want to make (all of which our helpful team of window installations specialists would be happy to help you with):
- What type of framing is best
- What time of glazings are best
- What style of window is best
- What kind of spacers and fillings are best
Energy-Efficient Window Installation
Once you have worked with our window installation team to determine what energy-efficient window styles and qualities meet your needs, it is time to begin the installation process. When you work with our team you can expect quick, efficient installation so that you can rest easy knowing that your home is protected by high-quality windows.
NOTE: When you have energy-efficient windows installed, it is important to make sure that they are installed in compliance with the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that the window warranties are not voided. Luckily, when you work with our team, you can rest assured knowing that the installation technicians are experienced in following the manufacturer’s instructions — especially since at WinChoice USA we are both the manufacturer and the installer.
Energy Efficiency Is a Click Away
Rather than continuing to pay high energy bills, we urge you to consider scheduling an appointment with our certified window repair and installation team. We would be happy to inspect your current windows and recommend a course of action that ultimately leads you paying lower energy bills and enjoying a more comfortable home.
So what are you waiting for? Contact us today to scheduleyour free consultation!